2017 Lattice Winter School
10th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics – Nov. 27th-Dec. 1st, 2017
This winter school focuses on lattice field theory, and is targeted to Ph.D. students and young postdocs. The lectures will span a broad range of topics in lattice field theory. In this way much ground will be covered which we hope will benefit the participant on his/her route to becoming an independent researcher. During the week following this school, Dec. 4th-8th, 2017, the 2017 Lattice Field Theory Workshop “Technical Advances in Lattice QCD” will be held at the CP3-Origins. More information on this workshop can be found here.
- XXXX : Deadline for registering for the winter school.
- Nov. 27th-Dec. 1st, 2017: winter school
- Dec. 4th-8th, 2017: Lattice Field Theory Workshop “Technical Advances in Lattice QCD”
We have a limited amount of funding for Ph.D. students.
The school will take place at CP3-Origins at the main campus of the Southern Denmark University in Odense, Denmark. Lectures will be held in CP3’s seminar room.
- Leonardo Giusti (Novel Algorithms for Lattice Field Theory)
- Max Hansen (Scattering Amplitdues from Lattice QCD)
- Zohreh Davoudi (Nuclear Physics and Lattice QCD)
- Antonio Rago (Finite Density Lattice Field Theory)
- Axel Maas (Non-peturbative Higgs Physics)
- John Bulava (CP3-Origins)
- Michele Della Morte (CP3-Origins)
- Claudio Pica (CP3-Origins)
- Francesco Sannino (CP3-Origins)
Accommodation is the participants’ own responsibility. See the accommodation page for more information.
On XXX there will a guided tour of the old city of Odense.
If you wish to take part in the tour, you should sign up (free of charge) online in the registration form.
The social dinner of the school will take place on XXX. You need to sign up and pay for the dinner before XXX. More information can be found in the Social Program.
Previous Winter Schools
Information about the previous nine winter schools can be found here:
- 1st Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (January 2008)
- 2nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2009)
- 3nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2010)
- 4th Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (December 2011)
- 5th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (October 2012)
- 6th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2013)
- 7th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (December 2014)
- 8th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2015)
- Cracks and Blindspots in the Standard Model (February 2017)