2017 Lattice Winter School
10th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics – Nov. 27th-Dec. 1st, 2017
This winter school focuses on lattice field theory, and is targeted to Ph.D. students and young postdocs. The lectures will span a broad range of topics in lattice field theory. In this way much ground will be covered which we hope will benefit the participant on his/her route to becoming an independent researcher. During the week following this school, Dec. 4th-8th, 2017, the 2017 Lattice Field Theory Workshop “Technical Advances in Lattice QCD” will be held at the CP3-Origins. More information on this workshop can be found here.
- Nov. 13th, 2017: Deadline for registering for the winter school.
- Nov. 27th-Dec. 1st, 2017: winter school
- Dec. 4th-8th, 2017: Lattice Field Theory Workshop “Technical Advances in Lattice QCD”
We have a limited amount of funding for Ph.D. students. In order to apply, indicate so on the registration form. If support is granted it will be in the form of 3000DKK to support travel and accommodation. Please note that a letter of support from your supervisor is required.
The school will take place at CP3-Origins at the main campus of the Southern Denmark University in Odense, Denmark. Lectures will be held in CP3’s seminar room.
- Leonardo Giusti (Novel Algorithms for Lattice Field Theory)
- Max Hansen (Scattering Amplitdues from Lattice QCD)
- Zohreh Davoudi (Nuclear Physics and Lattice QCD)
- Antonio Rago (Finite Density Lattice Field Theory)
- Axel Maas (Non-peturbative Higgs Physics)
- Krzysztof Cichy (Quantum simulation)
- John Bulava (CP3-Origins)
- Michele Della Morte (CP3-Origins)
- Claudio Pica (CP3-Origins)
- Francesco Sannino (CP3-Origins)
Accommodation is the participants’ own responsibility. See the accommodation page for more information.
Previous Winter Schools
Information about the previous nine winter schools can be found here:
- 1st Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (January 2008)
- 2nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2009)
- 3nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2010)
- 4th Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (December 2011)
- 5th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (October 2012)
- 6th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2013)
- 7th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (December 2014)
- 8th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2015)
- Cracks and Blindspots in the Standard Model (February 2017)