MASS2018: Origin of Mass at the High Energy and Intensity Frontier
We are pleased to announce the conference MASS2018. This conference comprises, but is not limited to, physics at present and future collider experiments, the experiments LHCb and Belle (II), searches for charged lepton flavor violation, physics related to the anomalous magnetic moment of the muon, future long baseline neutrino experiments, and searches for light particles, heavy
neutral leptons, etc. at different facilities. The conference should bring together theorists and experimental physicists and be an opportunity to discuss synergies and foster new collaborations.
Plenary talks are by invitation only.
Participation and submission of talks in parallel sessions is unrestricted.
Support for outstanding PhD students and young postdocs (up to four years since getting their PhD) is available. Please note the early deadline Friday, March 30, 2018.
For further information please see the registration page.
For visa information see below.
In case you experience difficulties with registering for MASS2018 in the period of April 13th, 2018 until April 23rd, 2018, please send an email to Claudia Hagedorn and Esben Mølgaard. As this problem is due to a failure of the Indico system we consider all that contact us within the mentioned period via email as eligible for early registration.
Invited Plenary Speakers
- Brian Batell (U. Pittsburgh)
- Niklaus Berger (PRISMA, U. Mainz)
- Giacomo Cacciapaglia (U. Lyon, CNRS/IN2P3)
- Albert De Roeck (CERN, U. Antwerp)
- Francesca Di Lodovico (Queen Mary, U. London)
- Ulrik Egede (Imperial College London)
- Stefano Forte (U. Milan)
- Rohini M. Godbole (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)
- Frederick Gray (Regis U.)
- Benjamin Grinstein (U. California, San Diego)
- Howard Haber (U. California, Santa Cruz)
- Per Johansson (U. Sheffield)
- Phillip Litchfield (Imperial College London)
- Jacobo Lopez Pavon (CERN)
- Antonio Masiero (U. Padua, INFN)
- Joachim Mnich (DESY, Hamburg)
- Angela Papa (PSI)
- Paride Paradisi (U. Padua, INFN)
- Antonio Pich (Valencia U., IFIC)
- Chengping Shen (Beihang U., Beijing)
- Ana M. Teixeira (Laboratoire de Physique de Clermont, CNRS)
- Ruth Van de Water (Fermilab)
Registration for the conference (including submission of parallel talks, participation in reception, guided city tour and conference dinner)
closes on Monday, May 7, 2018.
The early conference fee until Monday, April 16, 2018 is 1650 DKK (220 EUR) and the late fee until Monday, May 7, 2018 is 2250 DKK (300 EUR). It can be paid here.
The fee is waived for invited speakers and supported PhD students/postdocs.
In order to register:
1) go to the Indico registration page,
2) create an account or log in with an existing CP3-Origins Indico account
3) proceed with the registration. NB: Creating an indico account does not automatically register you for the conference.
You can come back to your registration and perform changes, e.g. modify the title and abstract of your parallel talk, after submission.
Regarding VISA requirements and application we refer to the following webpages:
The list of countries from which you will need a visa can be found here.
How to apply for a visa, including time schedule can be found
Please contact Centre administrator Lone Ch. Nielsen in well ahead of time for an additional invitation valid for visa application.
International Advisory Committee
- Jonathan Feng (UC Irvine)
- Belen Gavela (UA Madrid, IFT)
- Peter Jenni (CERN, Albert-Ludwigs-U. Freiburg)
- Yoshitaka Kuno (Osaka U.)
- Guido Martinelli (La Sapienza, Roma 1)
- Antonio Masiero (U. Padua, INFN)
- Laura Reina (Florida State U.)
Local Organizing Committee
This conference is sponsored by the Danish National Research Foundation, Danish Institute for Advanced Study, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy and CP3-Origins, University of Southern Denmark.
Previous MASS conferences
MASS 2018 is the ninth in a series of conferences on the Origin of Mass. The webpages for the previous MASS conferences can be found here: