Formal Developments in Quantum Field Theory
11th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics
This year’s annual Odense winter school will focus on recent technical advances in quantum field theory.
The lectures will span a broad range of topics covering resurgence, amplitudes, lattice SUSY, and EFT methods for gravitational waves. In this way much ground will be covered which we hope will benefit the student on his/her route to becoming an independent researcher. All lectures are given by experts in their fields.
- October 31, 2018: Deadline for applying for financial support.
- October 31, 2018: Deadline for registering at the winter school.
- November 12, 2018: Deadline for paying for the school dinner
- November 12-16, 2018: Formal Developments in Quantum Field Theory
We have limited funding for 5-10 PhD students to cover local and travel expenses.
The school will take place at CP3-Origins at the main campus of the Southern Denmark University in Odense, Denmark. Lectures will be held in CP3’s seminar room.
- Gerald V. Dunne (University of Connecticut), Resurgence
- David A. Kosower (IPhT, Saclay), Amplitudes
- Simon Catterall (Syracuse University), Lattice SUSY
- Rafael Porto (ICTP, DESY), EFT’s for Gravitational Waves
- Erich Poppitz (University of Toronto), Strong Dynamics
- Andrei Parnachev (Trinity College, Dublin), Conformal Field Theory
Accommodation is the participants’ own responsibility. See the accommodation page for more information.
On Tuesday afternoon (Nov. 13) there will a guided tour of the old city of Odense.
If you wish to take part in the tour, you should sign up (free of charge) online in the registration form.
The social dinner of the school will take place on Tuesday evening at 18:30. You need to sign up and pay for the dinner before Nov. 12 (TBC). More information can be found in the Social Program.
Previous Winter Schools
Information about the previous eleven winter schools can be found here:
- 1st Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (January 2008)
- 2nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2009)
- 3nd Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (November 2010)
- 4th Odense Winter School on Geometry and Theoretical Physics (December 2011)
- 5th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (October 2012)
- 6th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2013)
- 7th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (December 2014)
- 8th Odense Winter School on Theoretical Physics (November 2015)
- Cracks and Blindspots in the Standard Model (February 2017)
- 2017 Lattice Winter School (November 2017)